Important Notice: I am currently on maternity leave from doula services! I am accepting clients due Summer 2017 and later. I will not be taking any first time mothers in 2017. If you are looking for a doula and are due before next summer, or are a first time mom, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for recommendations. Thanks!
I have completed my requirements for doula certification through Childbirth International and have earned the title of Certified Labor Doula. I am now accepting clients but I have limited availability. I can only take one client per month, so please book well in advance. I require a $100 non-refundable deposit to hold your spot on my calendar.
Basic Doula Package: $550 ($500 for my HypnoBirthing students)
- One 60-minute prenatal visit where we discuss your birth preferences and ask/answer questions to prepare for your birth
- 24/7 on-call availability starting at 38 weeks until your baby is born (ask me anything, any time!)
- Access to my library of books and DVDs
- Assistance in selecting a caregiver/birth location if needed
- Complete labor support from the time you are in active labor until 1-2 hours after you give birth
- Access to one of my wonderful and well-qualified backup doulas in case I am unavailable for any part of your labor (currently work with Mary Brown, Alie Jenkins, and Kellee Zank)
- One 60-minute postpartum visit to discuss/review your birth, address any problems or concerns you are having, and offer any other help that may be needed
Premium Doula Package: $650 ($600 for my HypnoBirthing students)
- Includes everything in the basic package plus the following:
- One additional 60-minute prenatal visit to focus on preparing a list of birth preferences and basic relaxation techniques (especially helpful for couples who did not take an in-person childbirth class)
- Three essential oil samples of your choice from my collection to use for pregnancy, labor, and postpartum
- One additional 60-minute postpartum visit to offer continued help/support
- A hard and digital copy of your birth story in full detail from your doula’s perspective
I have been interviewed for an upcoming film about birth workers, and the cameras were even able to follow me to one of my births! Here is a little preview:
My husband and I are so grateful to Fiona because she helped me realize my dream of having a natural vaginal birth. I don’t think I could have gone thru 26 hours of labor without Fiona’s knowledge and support.
I sat on my birthing ball at home and Fiona and my husband took turns putting a hot rice pack on my lower back with gentle pressure. This saved me from the back labor that for me could be very sharp and intense. I was able to focus on really relaxing and letting my body do the rest. Fiona gave me gentle reminders to relax my face and words of encouragement. My husband really loved having Fiona there because it freed him up to tend to essential tasks that came up and know that I was taken care of. They cooperated really well together and she was always sensitive about when to step away and let him fulfill his role as my main support person. … Fiona took some pictures and helped facilitate skin-to-skin and breastfeeding right away like we had talked about. It was wonderful to have that time to bond with my baby. … I was so overjoyed to have a better birth experience and really be able to concentrate on welcoming our sweet baby into the world with love. I recommend getting lots of support and picking a system that will work for you. I loved the HypnoBirthing method and having Fiona as my doula and would do it again in a heartbeat!!
To book, contact me at email@example.com or (801) 830-7654